All pupils have a 25 minute lunch break.
School dinners are excellent here at North Shore Academy and pupils are encouraged to eat food provided by us as opposed to packed lunches. PUPILS ARE NOT ALLOWED OFF THE PREMISES TO VISIT LOCAL SHOPS DURING THE DINNER BREAK.
School dinners are served on a cafeteria basis using a Cashless Catering System. This means each pupil has an account set up that is recognised via their fingerprint or a pin number. Money is added to their fingertip account as follows:
- Cash is manually inputted by your child at payment machines around the dinner hall and the pupil will then pay for their food at the till with their fingerprint.
- We encourage children to learn to manage their own money and spending. However, if you would prefer to pay cash directly to the school for your childs food, please contact the school to arrange for cash to be added to their account.
- Cash paid into your childs account will remain there until used in the canteen.
- If you have applied for Free School Meals and this has been authorised, the meal allowance will automatically be added to your childs account every day (this will not accumulate if not used).
Clare Cutler manages our skilled and experienced Catering Team. They pride themselves on their healthy lunches, which meet National Nutritional Standards.
- Meat products are produced by a top quality local butcher.
- We use a local milkman, baker and greengrocer to source our products and to support the local community.
- Homemade meals are produced by our highly skilled Cooks and Catering Assistants.
- Preservatives and additives are kept to a minimum.
- Almost all biscuits and cakes are made on the premises so that the amount of sugar in them can be controlled.
- Fresh fruit and salad are available daily.
- Only water, milk and fruit juices are sold, no fizzy drinks.
- The Dining Room is open for Breakfast and also at Morning Break serving sandwiches, fruit and snacks.
- A healthy 2 course lunch & drink is available every day for just 2.10