All teaching staff at North Shore Academy teach students who have SEND and are accountable for their progress. We believe in a fully inclusive approach, and aim to provide resources and learning opportunities that are adapted to meeting the needs of all students.
The SEND department advise staff and support students to help close the gaps in their learning. We work together as a team, for the benefit of all students.
Between KS2 and KS3 we have built good relationships with our feeder primary schools to aid with the smooth transition of our SEN students. Extra transition is available to those students who need it.
Between KS4 and post 16 education, we have built good relationships with the local colleges, who are invited into the academy to offer support and guidance.
We are committed to:
- A range of teaching and learning styles.
- Differentiated materials (both for reinforcement and extension).
- Access to ICT facilities
- Additional in class support.
- Additional out of class support / and intervention programmes
- Mentoring and counselling
- Assessment procedures that emphasise pupils, strengths and achievements.
- Applications to examination boards to obtain access arrangements as appropriate